Player Cleanup

More
3 weeks 4 hours ago #408 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: Player Cleanup
**bump**

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 hour ago #416 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine replied the topic: Player Cleanup
So just out of curiosity, do the admins have the superpower to just wipe the player out at midnight for those who didn't get the memo?

More
3 weeks 1 hour ago #417 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: Player Cleanup
From what I can tell (although I know very little), it'd be a hell of a lot easier on the admins if everyone deleted their own songs.

More
3 weeks 1 hour ago #419 by L17Tim

Aged Machine wrote: So just out of curiosity, do the admins have the superpower to just wipe the player out at midnight for those who didn't get the memo?

First off, you know I'm rarely up that late. I turn into a pumpkin.

Deleting as an admin takes two actions: we can delete the database record, but it doesn't delete actual file. Also, when a user goes to his playlist, heor shee will still see the file listed, but with a red X next to it. That would be my note about creating user confusion.

Deleting the files involves logging into the server and removing files. Doing that manually may cause other unknown problems, so I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

That said, I'm going to start deleting after work today. Help me out and make this a minor task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, klandry

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #429 by L17Tim
DONE.

I'm sure I'll get to repeat the process later this evening because people will ignore this post.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #459 by onewordheadline
onewordheadline replied the topic: Player Cleanup
@Tim or @Dave, if you get a second:

Aged Machine and I have been trying to figure out how/why there are some tracks in the player at the top of the screen that link offsite. Turns out that if you click the upload button to the top right of the player on your profile page, it gives you an option to "Link to Distant audio file".

That's cool and all, but if you click on the track to play it in the player, it takes you to that source rather than leaving you on the site to listen to it. I think maybe we should either disable the distant audio thing or somehow figure out a target_blank on the links so people aren't whisked away?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #460 by dave
dave replied the topic: Player Cleanup
Ok, thanks. I'm disabling that for now, then. I don't see a way to change the target.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aged Machine, onewordheadline

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds