Player Cleanup

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289 by L17Tim
L17Tim created the topic: Player Cleanup
It's great to see many of you testing the players and uploading files, and I encourage each of you to test the uploads and get your player configured in a way you like. I will ask, though, that you go ahead and delete your files prior to February 1. We're looking to have a clean reset of the front page player once RPM starts and that will mean cleaning up the individual uploads. We have ways to clean things up on the backend, but it gets a wee bit messy and could leave some people with a player that looks like it has files, but they've actually been deleted. I'd like to avoid as much of that confusion as possible. If you manage your own files, it just works.

No worries and no rush yet, but I'll touch on this topic again around January 30 or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klandry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: Player Cleanup
Just cleaned out my player before I forget!

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #307 by wohali
wohali replied the topic: Player Cleanup
Oh, you don't want us to upload previous years' content? Boo. OK, at least I figured out how to use the tool :)

For others in case they are wondering how to get their album in the right order (I was scratching my head for a few minutes) here's how:

1. Upload all your songs
2. Go to "Manage Playlists" and create a playlist with the name of your album
3. Go to "Manage Tracks" and pick your "Latest Tracks" playlist (default, uneditable)
4. Click on the pencil icon next to each track. On the next screen, click in the "Playlist(s)" box and pick your album playlist.
5. From your album's playlist under "Manage Tracks," drag the tracks into the correct order. You should briefly see some green text pop up that says "New Order Saved Successfully" after each drag & drop.

You can probably create the playlist first, then pick it as you upload each song to collapse steps 1-4 into just 2 steps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattferrara, alkanetexe, Atlanta Trash Collective, AntonEce

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #308 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: Player Cleanup
Hmm... so your profile player is meant for current year demos, so I’m not totally clear why you’d load prior content beyond testing, but sure. Whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wohali

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #309 by mattferrara
mattferrara replied the topic: Player Cleanup
I did the same thing because I got excited about the idea of creating playlists. But before Feb I’ll delete all my past garbage songs to make room for my new garbage songs.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #310 by monk18
monk18 replied the topic: Player Cleanup
will do !
digging the new site and ready for the madness to ensue.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #314 by Matt Parker
Matt Parker replied the topic: Player Cleanup

mattferrara wrote: I did the same thing because I got excited about the idea of creating playlists.

FYI, you can create playlists with the RPM Jukebox that I wrote - http://www.mpcontracting.co.uk/rpmjukebox/
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Matt Parker.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #317 by dave
dave replied the topic: Player Cleanup

Matt Parker wrote: FYI, you can create playlists with the RPM Jukebox that I wrote - http://www.mpcontracting.co.uk/rpmjukebox/

Love that Jukebox, Matt! Hopefully we can keep incorporating it in the new system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L17Tim

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #323 by T.A.P.
T.A.P. replied the topic: Player Cleanup
Just uploaded a couple of test files prior to February start but will remove them before that! Thanks for all the hard work getting the new site up and running.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #377 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: Player Cleanup

L17Tim wrote: It's great to see many of you testing the players and uploading files, and I encourage each of you to test the uploads and get your player configured in a way you like. I will ask, though, that you go ahead and delete your files prior to February 1. We're looking to have a clean reset of the front page player once RPM starts and that will mean cleaning up the individual uploads. We have ways to clean things up on the backend, but it gets a wee bit messy and could leave some people with a player that looks like it has files, but they've actually been deleted. I'd like to avoid as much of that confusion as possible. If you manage your own files, it just works.

No worries and no rush yet, but I'll touch on this topic again around January 30 or so.

**bump*

Can you please remove any uploads not related to your current RPM project, please?

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T.A.P.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds