What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?

More
1 month 4 days ago #117 by snowden300
snowden300 created the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
Is all the content uploaded over the past several years gone?
thanks,
s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #120 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
The content in the jukebox is still archived on the server, although the jukebox itself may not come back as part of the new site. What specifically are you looking for?

More
1 month 3 days ago #121 by Aged Machine
Aged Machine replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
While we're on the subject -- would a different, more modern version of the jukebox that works with modern day devices be a possibility?

More
1 month 3 days ago #122 by L17Tim
L17Tim replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?

Aged Machine wrote: While we're on the subject -- would a different, more modern version of the jukebox that works with modern day devices be a possibility?

Let's be clear on terminology here:
1. Profile player - player on your personal profile page. These will be enabled soon.
2. Front Page Player - the player on the front page (duh!) that has demos, etc. in it. This is the thing I'm working to enable and it will be HTML5-based. Flash is evil. I think *this* is what you are asking about.
3. The Jukebox - the evil old upload-based system Mick created where you can go look up bands and see multiple years of albums, etc. Uses flash. Difficult to maintain. Right now, the only person who can sort of maintain it is me, and I'm not inclined to let it live on.

More
1 month 3 days ago #123 by Matt Parker
Matt Parker replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
There is this that I wrote - www.mpcontracting.co.uk/rpmjukebox/

Though at the moment it's not working as the MP3s seem to have disappeared from where they were and I don't know where they've gone. If they reappear somewhere, I'll reconnect the two back together.

More
1 month 3 days ago #125 by L17Tim

Matt Parker wrote: There is this that I wrote - www.mpcontracting.co.uk/rpmjukebox/

Though at the moment it's not working as the MP3s seem to have disappeared from where they were and I don't know where they've gone. If they reappear somewhere, I'll reconnect the two back together.

Let me see if I can get that mapped to a location you can see again, Matt. I think the web root changed and broke some things..... I think this is a symbolic link away from a solution.

We can take this off the forums for further followups.

More
1 month 3 days ago #126 by klandry
klandry replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
Let me know how to get there too once you do guys! Thanks!

More
1 month 3 days ago #130 by snowden300
snowden300 replied the topic: What do I do to get the past years of recorded material back or is it hopeless?
I had several (5 I think) albums recorded and uploaded to the site (I couldn't actually get last year's to work at all). The RPM site was the only place I've been able to refer listeners to for listening. I think I still have all the files to recreate but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
thanks very much.
s

More
1 month 3 days ago #131 by L17Tim

snowden300 wrote: I had several (5 I think) albums recorded and uploaded to the site (I couldn't actually get last year's to work at all). The RPM site was the only place I've been able to refer listeners to for listening. I think I still have all the files to recreate but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
thanks very much.
s

What's your band name? I just verified that all of the files are still on the server, but it's a little tricky to find specific bands/albums (there are band numbers and album numbers and they're in subfolders and there are monsters in the database, etc.). I'll see if I can find your info.

One more thing: the next time the site has a story up for weeks and there is a broadcast email going out saying "grab anything you want to keep before it goes away", consider actually grabbing the things you want to keep. :)

More
1 month 3 days ago #132 by L17Tim
Okay... it's not pretty or perfect, but it's there. You can go to BANDNAME.rpmchallenge.com and see your old jukebox content. Hopefully, it's set to download.

I make no claims about this working well or being maintained. I didn't create it. Blame Mick. :)

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds